HA dashboard buttons
What I wanted to do
When I go to the store to do the grocery, I need to ask something to my wife, and she is not pick up the phone because she is in the garden and ring sound is not reaching her. This is an example use case. Please understand the gravity of this feature and implement this feature with your partner’s consent and based on mutual agreement.
- Emergency button.
- Find your phone feature.
- Geofencing + automatic silent off/on. Courtesy to bwyer from Reddit.
- My wife and I both use HA Companion App.
- Create a button on the HA dashboard and call the script.
- Once HA script set ring volume to 100%, make a normal call.
HA dashboard button to call script
- type: button name: Nishi Phone volume to 100 show_state: false icon: hass:volume-high tap_action: action: call-service service: script.nishi_phone_volume_100
nishi_phone_volume_100: alias: Set Nishi Phone volume to 100 sequence: - service: notify.mobile_app_pixel_4_xl data: message: "command_ringer_mode" title: "normal" - service: notify.mobile_app_pixel_4_xl data: message: "command_volume_level" title: 10 data: channel: "ring_stream"
Live long and prosper!